Hi there, I just solved an issue (not a big issue) to install BMC AR Developer Studio on Mac OS X. Currently my MacBook is pre-installed with OS X El-Capitan. Basically, BMC AR Developer Studio is an IDE that based on Eclipse IDE. For the version 9.1 at least we need Eclipse 4.5 (code name is “Mars) 😀
For the original idea is came from this forum. So here we go, by the way I re-wrote on my blog as backup. Just in case if that post is deleted or gone.
- Have installed BMC AR Developer Studio for Remedy on Windows machine.
- Download Eclipse 4.5 on Eclipse website as BMC AR Developer Studio for Remedy is based on this Eclipse version. For Mac version of course (64-bit cocoa).
- Extract and rename the Eclipse.app, in example “ARDeveloperStudio.app”. Do not use space character or it should not work (I don’t know why, but it happened to me).
- Then on your ARDeveloperStudio.app, right click and choose “Show Package Contents”
- Go through Contents ▶︎ Eclipse ▶︎ dropins.
- From your installed BMC AR Developer Studio for Remedy on Windows machine, make a copy of plugins and features folder and paste on your dropins folder.
- Go through Contents ▶︎ Eclipse ▶︎ configuration. Open config.ini file using text editor and modify the osgi.splashPath section just like this line code below.
- Well done, for the icon (but it’s optional) you may change it on Contents ▶︎ Resources ▶︎ Eclipse.icns (I’m using img2icns to convert .ico into .icns) ?
- Voilla! Ready to rock and roll
Cheers! Do With Your Own Risk! 😀
Credit for Andres :
You would need to run the eclipse executable with the -clean option on the first run. it will cleanup and reload all plugins.
For Mac, go inside the eclipse package and run the eclipse executable ( at the Contents/MacOS Folder ) from a Terminal window